Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meant for each other - Breakfast Pizza

Breakfast Pizza. What a match. As if breakfast selections couldn't get any better we go and add this one to the mix. My in-laws come to visit the muffins usually twice a month and I try to be a good daughter-in-law by making sure there is plenty of coffee to drink and something to have for breakfast on Saturdays, although I am perfectly willing to go to the Pancake Pantry if my arm is twisted. On their last visit I decided to make breakfast pizza. I did a bit of research on a few recipes and decided to make up my own...and it was good. It would have only been better had it been made for me and brought to me in bed, but that has never happened so why start dreaming now?
Enjoy!

1 pizza dough ball (I like Trader Joes since it is .99 and we make our own)
1/2 lb cooked crumbled Sausage (could also use bacon or ham and could add veggies like mushrooms or peppers but we are purists)
1 1/2 c cheese grated (I like sharp cheddar)
4 Eggs
1/2 cup milk or 1/2 and 1/2
1 tsp mustard
pinch of dried thyme
pinch of garlic powder
Salt and pepper

On a large pizza stone (if you have one) roll out your pizza crust. Place this in the oven on 425 and bake for 6-7 minutes remembering to poke some holes in the crust with a fork to prevent too many giant bubbles. Pre-baking this crust will allow it to remain crispy once the toppings are added. Once the pizza is out lower the oven to 350. Layer on cooked sausage and cheeses. In a bowl combine milk, eggs, mustard and salt and pepper and thyme and whisk. Gently pour this mixture over the sausage and cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes until eggs are set in the middle. Slice and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment