Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home -Apple Cider

There are certain things that I think of when I think of home. When I was little it was the safe place to sleep and play and was where all of my stuff was. When I was in college it was the place to do laundry, sleep in and stock up on home cooked meals. Now when I think of home I think of my babies and giggles and feet stomping through the hard wood floors. There are also smells that remind me of home such as the smell of a pot roast cooking or pumpkin candles, but one of my all time favorite smells is apple cider simmering on the stove top. It makes me think of fall and comfy chairs and warm fires and happy memories and I hope that when my boys grow up and are away from me that when they smell a cup of cider it will remind them that they are always loved and are beautifully made and will always be welcomed home.

1 Bottle of apple cider
2 oranges, one cut in half, once cut in thick slices
5 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
3 whole black peppercorns

Pour apple juice in large stock pot. Squeeze the orange cut in half then throw in the other orange slices and toss in remaining ingredients. Turn on a medium heat, once it begins to boil turn to low and let it simmer as long as you want. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment