Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aloha Cowboy! - Pineapple Salsa

I am a Texas girl. I love me some chips and salsa. I love super thin extra crispy chips with warm salsa. Here in Nashville one of my favorite places to eat is Baja Burrito. They have a lovely salsa bar that touches my inner soul and speaks to me. My favorite salsa combo is mixing the hot salsa with the pineapple salsa, yeah, I invented that. Last summer we had a luau with our church class and I needed an easy side dish, so I decided to whip up some pineapple salsa, cause I am a cheese ball that way. It ended up being the right heat with the right amount of sweet. You can easily adjust the heat to your liking. Enjoy!

Pineapple Salsa
1- 28 oz can pineapple rings, drained
1- 28 oz can whole tomatoes drained
1/2 videllia onion
1 large or 2 medium jalapenos, seeded with stems removed
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 bundle of cilantro roughly chopped

Place pineapple in the bowl of a large food processor (or do it in batches if you have a small one). Pulse until the rings are broken up then dump in a large bowl, but DO NOT RE-DRAIN this time! Next, place whole tomatoes in the food processor and pulse until tomatoes are broken up, but not totally beaten to death, then dump in the bowl with pineapple (DON'T RE-DRAIN THESE EITHER!). Next, lightly pulse videllia onion and jalapeno in the processor, then dump into the pineapple bowl. Throw in salt, cumin and cilantro and stir. This is best if you allow the flavors to marry overnight, but it is hard when you have something lovely waiting to be enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment