Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Bones about it - Saucy Spare Ribs

So, for years I have been wandering past the Boneless Countrystyle Beef Spare Ribs trying not to make eye contact with them for fear they would know that I would have no idea what to do when then when I got home. I mean, boneless ribs? I am a Texas girl. We like our meat, especially bbq ribs. I don't mind bones and getting sauced up to my elbows, that is part of the art of eating good food, right? Well, times are tight and while shopping the other day I decided to quickly throw in some country style ribs in my basket and flee before I changed my mind.
When I got home I pondered on what the heck to do when them. And then it came to me. And now life will never be the same. My first love will always be the real rib, but the boneless have now earned a place near and dear to my heart.

Saucy Spare Ribs
1 1/2 lb boneless countrystyle beef spare ribs
1 12oz can beer
1 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
1 cup onion chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
heavy sprinkle of fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup 1/2 and 1/2

Place all ingredients except 1/2 and 1/2 in large heavy duty skillet or dutch oven with lid and let it come to a boil. Once it comes to a boil turn temp down to med-low and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. 5-10 minutes before serving shred the meat with a fork and add in 1/2 and 1/2.
Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment