Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday Brownie Pie!

I am having an affair. It is with a deep dish brownie pie topped with creamy peppermint ice cream. Shhhh, don't tell! I am in love! Well, it is my birthday after all so for my afternoon snack I made a yummy-lummy-licious brownie pie. I love brownies! In fact, if you have not tried my recipe for regular brownies then you are crazy! I especially love brownies when they are topped off with peppermint ice cream. Yum. Does it get any better than that? Since it is my birthday, I want you to be able to join in on the party, so I am going to share with you this recipe given to me by a dear family friend. She put together this wonderful binder for me when I got married of tried and true family recipes and stories of who they came from or memories of when she served the dish. I have treasured it every day since and it has now blown into a three part binder with a fourth part about to start. This recipe is one of her specialties that she can put together quickly for "the unexpected dinner guest". Well folks, pull out the confetti, light some candles and join with me in a celebration!

Judy's Deep Dish Brownie Pie
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 c good cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

In a large bowl, blend together the butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time stirring after each addition then add vanilla.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and whisk together to make sure they are thoroughly combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until blended.
Pour into a 9" greased pie plate or 8x8 pan. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes until set. Cool and cut into wedges. Serve with a big scoop of pink peppermint ice cream (Blue Bell, of course!) and some hot fudge sauce.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment