Friday, August 10, 2012

I'll Be Seeing You!

Today has been a very bittersweet day for me. It is the kind of day that reminds me that there is a God who is watching over me and is orchestrating this world around me and those who come in and out of my life.
Today a very dear friend of mine is moving to the other side of the world, well, LA might as well be! Back many moons ago while I was working for a health care company a friend of mine called me to tell me to send her my resume as she had just been promoted and a job was opening up in her company. I immediately started sneaking around at my desk and pulled together what info I could and sent it on. I remember that night feeling like everyone at work would see that I was betraying them the next day at the office and would know my secret. Turns out, the next day we had a company wide meeting and found out we were all loosing our jobs and our company had been sold! I waited on pens and needles to hear from my friend and her company and the call finally came just one week before my job was ending. I interviewed and accepted the offer and have not had one regret since saying yes! My new boss at the job was about to go on maternity leave so I quickly had to get in and learn the job so I could be her right hand gal. We became such good friends through the job! I gained such a respect for her and am so blessed that she was brought into my life. She fully supported me when I chose to stay home and be poo (we couldn't afford the "r") as dirt when my new baby came and was there to help welcome my second muffin into the world. I taught her youngest at school, I have catered her neighborhood's party the past three years...our worlds have been carefully woven together these past seven years.
Today I returned to my old job and joined some dear friends as we celebrated with her at her last day in the Nashville office. She will be missed by so many of us, but I now have a huge excuse to save up for my tickets to LA!
MB, thanks for all of the wonderful memories and for allowing my family to have a small place in your heart! We love you and can't wait to eat some Pink's with you on the boulevard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment