Friday, February 3, 2012

For the Boys - BBQ Cupcakes

There are nights, like last night, when I had no idea what to make for dinner! I stood at my fridge looking in it with a totally blank stare, am I the only one? My oldest muffin asked for pizza, but we had cheap pizza the night before with our youth group kids and it did us all in. My youngest muffin kept saying, "ice cream", which was no help to me since that sounded like a great plan if we had not gobbled it all up the day before. I remembered that I just bought some Grands biscuits on my last trip to the store, which is not something I typically buy, and I had also purchased a package of ground beef. I remembered vaguely reading something about ground beef in a cup and quickly glanced at a few cookbooks, but after a few minutes I knew I just needed to get to cookin' or we would never have dinner on the table. I know I had something similar to this when I was younger but I don't remember much about it. This is not an overly original idea but we liked it and that is all that matters around here! These are cheap,easy and very filling. These would be great for a group of hungry hippos or would be great for a super bowl party.

BBQ Cupcakes

1 lb ground beef - I prefer lean or sirloin
3 tsp burger seasoning
1 Tbsp steak sauce
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (we LOVE Sweet Baby Ray's)
1 pkg large canned biscuits

Place the ground beef, seasoning and steak sauce in a skillet over medium heat and cook until it is browned. When it is browned, stir in the BBQ sauce and set aside. Remember, by using a potato masher you will get nice even crumbles.
While the meat is cooking, open your biscuits. Take a rolling pin and flatten out each biscuit by adding about one inch in diameter. Repeat for remaining biscuits.
Lightly spray a muffin pan and press a flattened biscuit into each cavity.
I used my BBQ sauce bottle lid to help press down each biscuit to the bottom. Spoon the meat into each biscuit. I had right at a pound of meat and I filled those babies to the top plus a bit more.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 17-20 minutes until biscuit edges are golden browned.
If you want to add cheese to your cups then sprinkle the cheese on top of each cup about 15 minutes into baking. That will allow the cheese to get all good and melty. We ate ours plain with some sliced up dill pickles on top but you could also add minced onion or jalapeno slices on top for an extra kick.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment