Monday, November 7, 2011

Tis the Season

Today, I will not be writing about food. If you are only in this for the food then let me say now that I am sorry. Today is the first of several that I have not had to wake up at the crack of dawn to start working on my to-do list. These past few days and weeks have been filled with flour and sugar and fondant and cupcake liners and soap and business...it kind of makes my head spin to think about it. I fell into bed last night with one heavy sigh relieved that my brain could start to focus on something else other then orders to fill.
This season of life has had such an impact on my life. This season of fall or autumn has had quite significant meanings for me. The first date I ever had with my husband was in the fall, the birth of my second child was in the fall. My senses really heighten in the fall due to the wonderful beauty that is ever changing and surrounding me that is all created by an artist whose majesty I have yet to behold. The fall represents life and birth and love and death and a promise that we are not forgotten. We are part of an amazing life group through our church. Our group has changed the past few years for many reasons with some couples coming and going and others who had to leave because of life circumstances but there is a core group that has stuck together and we now have some wonderful additions to our group who have no idea what they are getting into. Our group has been through so much, these are the people that go through the trenches with you and come up on the other side with a better understanding of your life and you of theirs. We are perfectly imperfect people in a perfectly imperfect world. Last night our discussion was about our group and about God's church and about the promise of grace that we all have. I am so grateful for this gift that at times it is overwhelming to me that I could ever be worthy for such a gift. Today in my study of revelation we learned of the King of Kings who will come riding in on his horse to pick up his bride and what a site it will be for all of us. This wonder and amazement is almost too much to take in and yet I am so thankful that we have a slight glimpse of this promise to keep us going. I need it. I need reminders that this is not it. That my busy life filled with business is not it. That my heart ache or pain is not it. That my purpose is much greater then I will ever know.
Thank you God for your promise. Thank you for this group you have surrounded our family with who will love us and provide a little light as to what the other side will be like. Thank you for never leaving us even when we don't understand this season we are in. But, thank you for making me perfectly imperfect and for providing a promise of something greater then I will ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment