Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I've had the Lime of my life... - Brooke's Key Lime Dip

Okay, I know. Terrible title. But, once you have had this dip this will be the best way you will have ever enjoyed a lime in your life. Believe me, I know. I love limes. I grew up on sonic limeades and key lime pies. I hesitated sharing this recipe because once word ever gets out about this, I will be famous and I am holding the fame off for as long as possible. No really, if anyone has direct connections with the food network please hook me up. I don't need to have a show, just a book and publisher. Deal?! I will provide you with all of the lime dip you could ever imagine.
I made this for a women's event at our church. I have made it before but once you put something really yummy in front of a group of women, it is like throwing out chicken feed to the hungry coup. They all gobble up and cluck and shake with excitement. This had a similar affect on the women. I had one lady tell me she wanted to jump in the bowl and eat it, I witnessed another literally lick her plate as to note waste a bite. It's pretty good. And, when you see how easy it is you will be mad that you didn't think of it. But...hold on to your britches...here it is folks!!

Brooke's Key Lime Dip- to be served with fresh fruit, a must have with strawberries! you can even just serve with spoons!

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 10oz jar good quality lime curd (I like Dickinson's) warm it in the microwave in 20 second intervals about three times to loosen it up so it will mix in with a smooth non-lumpy texture.
2 limes - you will need zest and juice

Combine all in a bowl. If you want to double this (which you will) just add one additional can of milk and the zest and juice of 2 limes)
If you have any left overs (which you won't) fold it into a large container of cool whip and pour into a graham cracker crust for a yummy lime pie.

Told you, it was easy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment