Monday, June 25, 2012

Breakfast of Champions- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sticks

I put a teaser photo up on Facebook last week of this yumminess and feel terrible that the tease lasted so long! I recently started a new job part time and it has rocked my planned out world! It is my first away from home job I have had since I had my first muffin six years ago so it has been quite a change for all of us. I love the job and feel so blessed, it has just put super fun things like blogging and recipe browsing on the back burner. We love us some cinnamon toast around here with eggs for breakfast. We also love us some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal. Last week when I was cooking some breakfast I decided to put a spin on the traditional cinnamon toast. My muffins always gobble up the bread until the edge of the crust then pitch it aside. I decided to crust the bread and let is simmer in some love butter...and it turned out to be cinnamon toast crunch perfection. This has a similar feel to a Mexican churro so what's not to love? This is great for any meal or snack!

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Sticks-Made enough for 4, adjust recipe to how many you need
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tsp honey
2 tsp veggie oil
5 slices bread (I used wheat) with crusts cut off and cut into 3 long planks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon

Let me preface by saying that I did this recipe in two batches. If you have a super large non-stick then you can do them all at one time. I was too lazy to dig for my giant pan so I did two batches. You really do need a non stick surface to cook this on. Let's begin.

With the heat on medium-low, slowly melt 1 Tbsp of butter, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp oil (if you are using a giant pan then melt all of the butter, honey and oil at one time). Let the mixture get good and friendly and warm. Meanwhile, in a medium size bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.


Slowly place your bread on top of the butter honey mixture but try not to move the bread around so that there is plenty of butter love for all. Let the butter soak and cook in the mixture for 2-3 minutes until golden. Once it is golden, flip the bread and let it toast on the other side for about 1 minute.
After the bread has toasted, remove the planks one at a time and roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat again until all of the bread is cooked and coated.
Stack them up and watch them disappear!!
Enjoy y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment