Friday, March 16, 2012

Rowdy Reuben Dip!

This dip makes me so happy. The first time I had this was at a party with my sister (told y'all her friends were good cooks!) I had never really had too many Reubens before having this because I was always scared of the kraut and rye...but now things are different. And my life will never be the same. When we left this party I told my sister she had to get this recipe. I called and texted and harassed her until finally it popped up in my email one day and I rushed out the door to buy all of the ingredients to make it. It is so simple, yet so amazing! It has all of the wonderful elements of a Reuben involved but you can just nibble on the dip for hours and hours instead of taking it all on at one time. I love to serve this with thick Fritos for dipping but you could serve it with toasted party rye or a thick cracker like wheat thins. Really, I could just use my fork! I am having some friends over tomorrow so I don't have a picture of it all golden bubbly but use your imagination. I wanted to get this to you asap so you can grab the stuff to make it. I promise this has all of the makings for the perfect St. Patty's Party!!

1 8 oz container of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sour cream (can use low fat...maybe you should use low fat!)
1 Tbsp coarse grain Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tsp dried onion flakes
1 cup sauerkraut drained
4 small packages of the cheep corned beef (I mean, the cheap stuff that is .80 a pack!) or 1/2 pound of deli sliced corned beef chopped
1, 6oz container of Swiss cheese slices chopped (you can shred a 1/2 block of Swiss cheese but I like the large cheese cubes so that they are oozy and melty when I dip my chip in!)
Combine all in a bowl. Pour into a greased baking pan. Bake at 370 for 25 minutes covered, remove the cover then bake for 5 additional minutes until golden on top.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment